Our 1 day gorilla trek Rwanda is perfect for tourists who make last minute booking for gorilla trekking Rwanda safaris or intending trekkers in a hurry (do not have enough time). This trip is also conducted when intending trekker/tourist is already in Rwanda because the tour demands an early pick up (at least 4:00am where you will drive for 2 hours from Kigali to Parc National des Volcans (PNV).
Wake up very early in the morning and have breakfast by 4:30am. You will then be picked up at 5:00am by the driver guide and driven westwards towards Volcanoes National Park (Kinigi Park Headquarters), where you will arrive by 7:00am for pre-tracking briefing on the Gorilla tracking guidelines.
This is followed by allocation to a particular gorilla family (based on your age, physical fitness and personal interests) and then you will transfer to the starting point (the trailhead) for the gorilla trek. You will then begin the invigorating trek into the jungle in search of the gorilla family and this usually lasts from 30 minutes to over 6 hours depending on the movement and location of the gorilla family.
Once sighted, you are strictly allowed to spend only one hour to study, learn and take photographs of the Giant Apes, then return back to the Park Headquarters for transfers to Kigali City. You will be dropped by our driver guide at Kigali International Airport or your hotel.
End of the Trip
This 1 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda Includes
- A fulltime English speaking driver guide.
- A gorilla permit (at $1500), and includes the Park entrance and ranger fees.
- Ground transportation by a 4WD Vehicle including fuel costs.
- All pertinent Government Taxes.
- A bottle of drinking water during the trip.
- Park entrance and Park Ranger fees.
- Airport transfer from the beginning to the end of the trip as long as it is the same day that the safari ends.
1 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda Exclusions
- Travel insurance.
- Visa fees.
- Personal expenses such as tips, souvenirs, laundry, telephone bills, cigarettes, Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), hotel fees and meals.
- Other extra activities not included in the itinerary.